Tuesday 16 September 2014

#6MMRPC Painting List Update

Having completed (mostly) the first batch for my painting challenge, I have updated my painting sheet to detail what I have started prepping for the next wave.

Not only do I have to put the models together but spend some time faffing about with stowage and the likes. For example, my current issue (other than fretting about the outcome on Thursday) is why the Battlefront resin and plastic Firefly's don't have the applique armour that the other late war Shermans have (which may result in me having to add it myself - having trawled through pictures).


 Green is completed as part of the challenge, orange is now work in progress!

4 comments:

  1. Applique armour on Shermans? Link to a pic sir please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the additional armoured plates put on the hull sides and turret. Sometimes they are visible on Fireflys, sometimes not. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=z9AoqwMIYVSEJM&tbnid=uDIfjvQhCdNbTM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSherman_Firefly&ei=6gMaVLrsGuOI7Aayy4GwDQ&bvm=bv.75097201,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNGfBfHel864Jj5LvWEMCGthIoA-Jg&ust=1411077477786779

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to do Al, but moving house has brought me to a standstill!

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!