Wednesday 28 January 2015

#6MMRPC small update!

 As a pleasant change to working my way through all the infantry and crew figures, I decided to work on my MP's and Ambulance jeeps.

Again, still just block painting. The ambulance jeep will get stuck together once it's all decalled. I forgot about the stowage for these two until I had painted them. Then realised they were a bit bare looking - especially the MP jeep.

Still working on how to present them on their bases, I've ideas for both, but still working out the details. I could do with a non combat posed model for the driver of the ambulance jeep, instead of just having him sitting in (the other model on the base is the medic fireman carrying a wounded Jock up to the jeep). The MP jeep could do with some Jock's marching past, or walking wounded. Neither are models I think I can get!






6 comments:

  1. Did the MP Jeeps and Ambulances still get a white star on the bonnets?

    Looking great so far mate~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MP jeep will definitely, I'm not sure about the ambulance one. I suspect it should have a red cross on it, but that will be totally obscured by the stretchers. I may have to go back to the photos and see what was done historically.

      Delete
  2. Nice, I like the medic jeep. Maybe you could make a few "amputee" figures, just lop off an arm or a leg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, I've a couple of wounded models to use as markers for Battlegroup Overlord. Not sure at the amputee thing, it doesn't sit easy with me (strangely enough).

      Delete
    2. Yes, I guess that is a step too far now that I consider it further. I've found epoxy putty quite good for making conversions and extra bits and pieces. Getting the right poses is the tricky part I suppose?

      Delete
  3. Interesting project J. Will be another little gem.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!