My last full day in Scotland and all modelling supplies are now packed and my desk cleared for the first time since it was assembled.
Obviously this week has been pretty busy with household preparations and cleaning. I managed to get a lot done yesterday so took some time out to get the last few weeks models varnished with my usual Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade varnish. I may need a new tin of this, as again it seems not to have been sealed properly after the last time I used it, resulting in a thick skin having formed. I added some large ball bearings I had found (a tip care of Paul Alba) and some turps, sealed the tin up and shook it hard for a while. I then opened it and fished out all the large bits that I could. I'll stick with it as long as I can, but I suspect I may have to replace the tin soon.
I found that having based the vehicles first made a huge difference to the amount of mess and my handling of the mini's while they were being varnishes. I managed to get everything done in less than an hour, which I was impressed at as there seemed to be a lot.
So, onwards and upwards! Hopefully it won't take me long to get set up and back into my painting on the other end. Thanks to everyone for their comments wishing us well on the move. Just to add to the busyness that I seem to have every October, yesterday it was exactly 1 year until our wedding day!!!