Thursday 26 November 2015

6MMRPC: Full Thrust Progress


 Hi Folks,

With me having reached the end of the models I had varnished prior to moving, I've lost motivation a little and ended up just picking up a couple of things I had been working on previously. This has included a Jeep and 15 cwt truck for my WW2 Brits, but also this NAC Light Carrier for my Full Thrust fleet.

I've tried to carry over the same colour theme from the smaller ships I had painted earlier in the year, while still trying to keep a sleek and modern looking military style. I know it's not great technique wise. I've still to figure out how I can apply a wash that isn't going to just muddy up the paint scheme, and my attempts at highlighting haven't worked too well.

However, at the same time, I quite like how crisp and clean it looks.


 

I also received a nice gift from Dai over at The Lost and The Damned and The Stunted who ran a competition a few weeks back which I managed to win 3rd place in. Thankfully 3rd place still secured me the item I liked the look of most!


These are my favorite style of 40k books - all fluff in a very 'history book' style. It was much appreciated and has traveled a long way to get here! Very much appreciated Dai, thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Your ships look great. The multiple grey tones with some colour really works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paint job on your ship thing and a cracking win!!!!!!!!! Even I would read that!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!