Saturday, 13 February 2016
Gunuary Roundup + Christmas loot
With us now being into the 2nd week of February I think I'm about ready to call it for my Gunuary themed month. I feel like it's been productive and I've got a lot done - although I'm feeling a little burnt out currently. Especially as I finished off all the various units last night and my Christmas models from Battlefront (ordered in November) arrived today. Including more guns...
Anyway, here's what I had as my initial working list:
- Getting the bases of all artillery and mortar units up to date (flowers, tufts, etc)
- Building, painting and basing all 8 outstanding 25 pdrs
- Finishing all outstanding 25 pdr crew figures
- Sorting out the replacement figures for my 4.2" mortar platoon
- Building, painting and basing my 2 Battlefront 40mm Bofors (and finishing the whole unit off)
- Building, painting and basing my 5.5" guns (on the assumption the whole unit arrives in January - a tearful Amy informed me last night that despite the order being placed with Battlefront in November during the sale, none of the models ordered for my Christmas have arrived)
- Paint my Auster AOP model
So, from that list I completed everything other than the 5.5" battery - the last two guns of which only arrived today. I posted pictures previously of my finished guns (although none yet of the updated 1st battery).
This week I finished the updated crew for the 4.2" Mortars and a highlight and base update for my 3" Mortar platoon. The 3" Mortars were some of the first units I painted so they really benefited from the update.
The work on the large Mortars consisted of swapping out some of the crew figures for the older scultps - mainly the ones holding their hands over their ears. I then fixed the damage done to the basing.
Returning home tonight I found a parcel waiting for me. At last, my Christmas presents!
These units add quite substantially to my force - and basically mean that the lead mountain is back to the level it was before Gunuary! I'll need to think about getting the 5.5" guns and command units done soon, in order to finish off the artillery. But for now I am going to switch to trying to finish off my M10Cs and a couple of Shermans. I'll also have to think about the transport options and getting them all painted as well. I still need one more 15 CWT truck and one more jeep as well as 4 Quads and 6 of the AA tow vehicles in order to finish off all the transports for the artillery units - which is a lot of £££ value for not many points on the table.
Anyway, thats all for now. Thanks to the guys on Tabletop Commanders for helping to keep me motivated and for all the enthusiasm!