Sunday 12 March 2017

10mm ACW WiP

Hi Folks,

Something a little different for me! I'm working on painting a load of Pendraken 10mm Confederates as part of our club project. Not much to show at the moment, as nothing is based yet.

The first batch:




And the 2nd batch, which went a lot quicker and easier once I had the base colours sorted.




Some of the paints purchased for this project - I went with the contents of the Vallejo ACW paint set, but bought the paints separately from a local store.


I had planned to go with a more rag tag look, but I wasn't happy either painting them or the look of them. I've gone for a more 'mid war' appearance, with a lot of uniform but still a bit of butternut!

Basing material has arrived - I'm going for a 'hot summer' look, with lots of parched grass.

Hopefully some stuff for this will be based this week!

12 comments:

  1. Nice job. How are you finding the Pendraken castings? I find them very hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon - the castings are ok, but I've lost quite a few rifles due to them breaking.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan - I've managed to crack on with these far faster than I thought I would.

      Delete
  3. Little wee men! Off to a nice start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon - not as wee as some of them I've been doing!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Lee, and thanks for the reference pics of your stuff, really helped me pick colours.

      Delete
  5. 10mm!? Oof! That's some tiny painting! Looking good so far though mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not too bad, not that much smaller than 15mm!

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!